“Free to be you and me”
Also called: Innocent, Pollyanna, Utopian, Traditionalist, Naive, Mystic, Sait, Romantic, Dreamer
Core desire: To experience paradise.
Goal: To be happy.
Fears: Doing something wrong or bad that will provoke punishment, the world getting tainted by something negative or unnatural.
Strategy: Do things right.
Gift: Faith and optimism.
Marketing niche: Companies with strong values, seen as trustworthy, reliable and honest, associated with morality, good virtues, simplicity, can be nostalgic.
Share your story about: What excites you.
Example: Dove soap, Coca-Cola
Your customers feel: ‘I can do this!’, encouraged, joy.
Your customers most fear: Entrapment, selling out, emptiness
The Optimist is a good identity for brands that
- provide a simple answer to a simple question
- are associated with cleanliness, health or virtue
- are associated with goodness, simplicity, childhood
- are moderate to low cost
- are produced by a company with straight-arrow core values
- differentiate from a tarnished product
Are you the Optimist brand? How can you apply this character to your buildings, grounds and interiors? Take our quiz to find out!