“Don’t fence me in”
Also called: Seeker, adventurer, wanderer, individualist, pilgrim, rebel, pioneer
Core desire: The freedom to find out who you are through exploring the world.
Goal: A more fulfilling life.
Fears: Getting trapped, conforming, inner emptiness.
Strategy: Journey, new experiences, escape from boredom.
Gift: Autonomy, ambition, ability to be true to oneself.
Marketing niche: Exciting, risk-taking, authentic.
Share your story: Travel journeys, ways that you are unconventional.
Example: Indiana Jones, Jeep
Your customers feel: Adventurous, cultured, amazed, alive.
Your customers most fear: Entrapment, selling out, emptiness.
The Explorer is a good identity for brands if
- your product is non-conformist, freeing and pioneering
- you provide props for a rugged or difficult journey
- your product is obtained through unconventional media or pathways
- your product helps people express themselves
- you are different because you are non-conformist
Are you the Explorer brand? How can you apply this character to your buildings, grounds and interiors? Take our quiz to find out!