“The truth will set you free”
Also called: Sage, expert, oracle, scholar, detective, adviser, researcher, thinker, planner, professional, mentor, teacher, evaluator
Core desire: To discover the truth. To be a trusted source of information.
Goal: To use wisdom, intelligence and analysis to understand the world.
Fears: Getting duped or misled, ignorance.
Strategy: To seek information, to become self-reflective, to understand thinking processes.
Gift: Wisdom, intelligence.
Marketing niche: Help people to better understand the world, provide practical information and analysis.
Share your story: Test and analyse, share your research process and statistics.
Example: BBC, Harvard University
Your customers feel: Educated, wise, “I understand”.
Your customers most fear: Entrapment, selling out, emptiness.
The Teacher is a good identity for brands if
- you provide information and education
- you encourage your clients to analyse and think
- your brand is based in a scientific breakthrough or esoteric knowledge
- the quality is supported by hard data
- you differentiate from those whose quality is questionable
Are you the Teacher brand? How can you apply this character to your buildings, grounds and interiors? Take our quiz to find out!
Learn more about brand archetypes: